Pop colors. Fun textures. Sophisticated room segmentation. Area rugs expand the design potential of your interior while also adding comfort and warmth. Not only are these additions affordable, they come in so many shapes and sizes that you’re sure to find one you love at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake. Here are some of the factors to consider when purchasing an area rug for your Vadnais Heights home:
Benefits of Area Rugs
- They warm up a cold floor. If you have a cold floor like wood-look tile or laminate, an area rug can make it feel warmer. An area rug especially looks good as a focal point in a family or living room.
- Area rugs are good at absorbing echoes. If you have a large room with a high ceiling, it can sound “empty.” Rugs absorb sound to eliminate echoes and make your room feel occupied and complete.
- They can define different “rooms” in a small living space. Studio apartments especially benefit from using a few area rugs to mark different “rooms” in the home.
- Area rugs offer a lot of design potential. This is your time to experiment with different textures, patterns, and colors. Try a fluffy shag or frieze rug to add a bit of fun to your living room. Or, get a smooth Berber rug to make your bedroom nice and cozy.
- You can usually save them from water damage. Since they aren’t fastened to the ground, you can hang dry any area rugs that have experienced basement flooding or significant spills.
Just remember that not all area rugs are durable. To be sure you’re getting a good rug that’s not going to fray or shed, check the product carefully for quality.
Check out Our Area Rug Selection Today!
As you can see, area rugs offer a lot of benefits for your Vadnais Heights home. Call Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake to schedule a consultation and explore our selection of area rugs.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: pics721