Looking for a beautiful, versatile hardwood floor that will never go out of style? Walnut is a classic choice with a clean, subtle look that works in all kinds of homes. However, like with any hardwood, walnut has its own unique qualities, so you should make sure to do your research before installing walnut floors in your White Bear Lake home. For example, here are a few considerations from our Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake experts:
Walnut Hardwood: Things to Consider
- Walnut traditionally has a dark, nut-brown color and smooth grain. However, you can have it stained to a variety of colors, depending on your preference.
- The dark color and subtle grain of walnut make it extremely versatile. It works with rustic, modern, and traditional styles. For a sleek look, try a glossy finish, or for a more natural look, try a hand-scraped finish.
- Walnut isn’t the toughest hardwood out there, but it will still do the trick. On the Janka hardness scale, walnut ranks at 1010. It is susceptible to scratches and dents, but still durable enough to last for decades if properly maintained.
- Like most hardwood floors, walnut is relatively easy to maintain. However, keep in mind that dark wood floors will show dust and pet hair more obviously than light wood floors. Regular sweeping or vacuuming will help to keep your floors clean and tidy.
- Worried about protecting your walnut floors? Area rugs, furniture pads, and carpet runners can help to protect your wood flooring from everyday wear and tear.
To learn more about walnut flooring or get a free estimate, just call Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake! We provide in-home consultations to homeowners in the White Bear Lake area.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Vladyslav Tsybulskyi