Natural stone is a timeless flooring material that increases the value of your home with its durability and universal appeal. If you’re looking for a new floor for your White Bear Lake home or business, slate is a great candidate. This natural stone tile comes in many dark and sophisticated hues and has delighted people with its beauty for centuries. Let our experts at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake can help you determine if slate tile is right for you.
The Pros of Slate Tile
- Durability – With proper care, slate tiles can last for decades.
- Resilience – Heavy traffic and accidental spills are no threat to slate tiles, as long as the tiles are properly maintained.
- Natural Variety – Slate tiles come in a plethora of natural textures, colors, and patterns. Slate can range in color from dark charcoal gray to deep green to rust red.
- Easy to Clean – Slate tiles are a snap to spruce up with just some warm water and a mop. They can also be professionally cleaned and sealed periodically.
The Cons of Slate Tile
- It’s Expensive – Natural stone is well known to be more expensive than other flooring options.
- It Needs to Be Protected from Water – This material requires a sealant to prevent damage from its porous nature. Untreated slate isn’t safe for kitchens or bathrooms. You may also need to re-seal your slate tile every few years to make sure it isn’t stained or etched.
Are you curious about slate tile for your White Bear Lake home? We can help! Schedule a free consultation with our team at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake, and we’ll help you to explore slate and other natural stone tile options.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: chirajuti