Vinyl flooring has been making a steady comeback with White Bear Lake homeowners as of late. Though vinyl once had a reputation as a cheap, unattractive flooring material, we at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake know that today’s vinyl flooring is a major leap forward from the dated vinyl in your grandmother’s kitchen. In 2017, homeowners can choose from a vast selection of luxury vinyl flooring products. Some of these – such as luxury vinyl planks – you may not even recognize as vinyl!
What Are Luxury Vinyl Planks?
Luxury vinyl planks (LVP) are pieces of vinyl flooring that are designed to mimic hardwood planks. They are the same size and shape and are installed in much the same way as engineered hardwood or laminate. Some styles of LVP may even have texturing and beveled edges to make them look more like real hardwood.
Advantages of Luxury Vinyl Planks
- Luxury vinyl planks are available in a wide range of colors and patterns that replicate the look of different hardwood stains and species.
- LVP flooring is quite durable, so it works well in high traffic areas like hallways. It is also water-resistant, so it can be used in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms as well as living rooms and bedrooms.
- LVP flooring often includes a built-in underlayment, which adds cushion and helps to absorb sound.
- LVP floors are simple to clean – just pull out your broom, vacuum, or mop! Spills can be easily wiped up, too, so no need to worry about stains.
- Because LVP flooring is so durable and low-maintenance, it’s a great choice for homes with kids or pets (or both!). With LVP, you don’t have to panic over juice spills and muddy paw tracks.
Does luxury vinyl plank flooring sound like the right choice for your White Bear Lake home? Then call Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake and schedule a free in-home consultation today!
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Nisa Paobunthorn