Most consumers wait until the end of the calendar year to shop for a new car, as this is usually the period when dealers are clearing out last year’s models at discount prices to make way for the new models on the lots. And usually right after the holiday season, you can snag great deals on things like clothes, video games and other common products as retailers are trying to move product in this historically slower time period. Yes, it seems that there’s a “best time of the year” to buy most everything. But what about carpet, especially in an area that experiences four seasons like Vadnais Heights? Our experts at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake examine:
Carpet retailers have busy seasons and non-busy seasons. Generally speaking, if you’re in the market for new carpet and want to save a few bucks, you’ll want to steer clear of the busy seasons. That’s because retailers know that carpet is in demand during these time periods, so it’s difficult to get any sort of a price reduction. Here’s a look at the prime busy times:
– Tax Season: People often use their tax refunds to purchase carpet.
– Mid to Late Summer: This is a common time period for home improvements and remodels.
– The Holiday Season: Many people purchase new carpeting around and before the holidays when they’re expecting company.
Now that you know the busy times of the year to buy carpet, where it’s often difficult to get any sort of prime deal, here’s a look at the best times of the year to buy carpet:
– Late Q4 through January: A great time to buy is from mid-December to the end of January. That’s because it’s a slow period, so retailers are more willing to work for your business.
– May through June: This is usually a busy time of the year for families, but not necessarily retailers.
– September through October: The kids are back in school, you’re back into a fall routine and carpet retailers are usually ready and willing to work with you.
Carpet is expensive, so it makes sense to shop smart for it. With that being said, here’s a look at some other considerations to keep in mind:
– In the spring is when retailers usually debut new lines and styles of carpets. So if you’re looking for the new hot trend, wait until spring to buy.
If it’s time for new carpet in your home or business, contact Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake today. We offer free consultations and estimates to the White Bear Lake, St. Paul and Minneapolis area!
Photo Credit: pbombaert