Installing a carpet is difficult and oftentimes best left to the professionals. However, understanding the process can help you make an informed flooring decision. Here at Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake we’ll work with you to decide what carpet type is best for your needs and proceed with the installation process accordingly.
Carpet Installation Steps
Step 1: Furniture is removed
- On the day of installation our Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake professionals will begin by removing the furniture from the room(s) where carpet will be installed. Both furniture removal and replacement are included in our service.
Step 2: Subfloor is inspected and cleaned
- The subfloor is the surface your carpet will be placed on and is the foundation of any flooring. Our professionals will inspect your subfloor in order to ensure that it is both level and clean.
Step 3: Padding is laid
- After inspecting your subfloor for any holes and cracks and repairing accordingly, our professionals will place a layer of padding on top of the subfloor to provide insulation and comfort.
Step 4: Carpet is laid
- Next, we’ll bring in the carpet type you’ve chosen and install it on top of the padding layer. Our installers will ensure your carpet is measured and cut correctly and will inspect their work upon completion.
Step 5: Furniture is replaced
- Once your carpet is properly installed our professionals will return your furniture into your room(s) and into their previous positions. They will also be available to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Our Floor Coverings International White Bear Lake professionals have years of carpet installation experience. We’ll begin by having a discussion with you about your home improvement goals, and will happily provide a free in-home consultation and measurement. We’ll offer our suggestions based on the nature of your home and will then move forward in the installation process. Feel free to contact us today! We proudly serve the White Bear Lake, St. Paul and Minneapolis areas.
Photo © Andrey Popov